Teachers, students, take part in the discussion and share your observations and wonderings in the comments below about this statue.
- I wonder what this unusual artefact could be. It does not appear to be very old. I cannot see cracks.
- Is there something protruding from its helmet?
- It certainly has had its face painted. Is it meant to frighten us?
- Is this figure human, animal or supernatural?
- Why might the creator include images of animals?
- What animals can you see?
- Why and where was it created?
There’s so much to wonder about; add your wonderings in the comments below individually or as a class.